03 August, 2011

More on Religion's Enemy: Wealth

I read Colossians chapter 2 today, and was struck by a passage that I must share with the nine people who read this thing.

Looking at this passage (you know, the one in the hyper-link up there?), I was struck at the term "wealth." I think a lot of Christians hate wealth, because it is so contrary to their natural, religious mind. They think they are being greedy. There is a simple solution to this problem: don't be greedy. This passage goes hand-in-hand with many others I have looked over the past few months. Here, we see that wealth is wrapped up in our knowledge and understanding of Christ (the Anointed One and His Anointing). In Him are hidden (for us) all the treasures of knowledge and wisdom. Let's expound on this part, and we will back-track from there.

Proverbs 8 explains to us some of the characteristics of Godly Wisdom. One of these aspects is found in verse 18: wealth and riches. Godly Wisdom possesses wealth and riches, and if Jesus is the One in Whom all wisdom is hidden... Anyone make the connection yet? Good.

The "issue" with knowledge has been taken care of for us, as well. 1Corinthians 2:16 explains that one for us nicely. What part of "have" is so difficult for us to comprehend? We may not feel like we have Jesus' mind in our heads, but we do. That is why we are told (yes, I am saying it again) to renew our minds - see Romans 12:2.

Now that both of these characteristics are covered, we most grow in confidence in them. In Hebrews 10:35, we learn that this confidence is essential to all that God is endeavoring to accomplish in each of us. How is it that we grow in this assurance and confidence? Take a look at Romans 4:17 for the answer to that one. Worry is a result of constantly meditating on the problems; faith is a result of constantly meditating on the Answer. Pick one, and stick to it (I'm going to here about that from my wife later...).

Without love, none of these other principles even matter (Galatians 5:6). I like how one of my favorite author/speaker in the faith, Kenneth Copeland, puts it: "Love is to faith, like air is to a tire." Without love, your faith simply won't work. All that wisdom and knowledge will go to waste; your assurance won't matter. As a result, your wealth (regardless of whether or not you are greedy) will never come to pass.

I am sure there is more to it than all this, because if there weren't, my bank account would already be much larger. However, I am going to take these principles to heart, and I hope the nine of you in Internet Land will too. The Body of Christ needs to walk fully in the prosperity Jesus bought for us. Again, I want to give Him "top dollar" (for lack of a better term) for His sacrifice - and I don't care what religion has to say about it.

No comments: