28 October, 2010

The Word

Bear with me; this is a little choppy, but I had to get it off my chest. My favorite Scripture is 2Timothy 3:16-17: 
"All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work" (NASB). 

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work" (NIV).

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work" (NKJV). 

"Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, [and] for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God's will in thought, purpose, and action), so that the man of God may be complete and proficient, well fitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work" (Amplified) 

In other words, God is fully aware of every verse we read in the Bible, and He intended it for each of us. Therefore, Deuteronomy 8:18 applies to my life. The Lord gives me the power to make wealth so that I may establish His kingdom on earth until the day of Christ Jesus. I like the sound of that. Also, it means that all the Blessings found in Deut. 28 are mine by right, so long as I keep His commands and do all that He has told me to do. I like the idea of Blessings pursuing and overtaking me. 

This passage means that when Jesus says I will do even greater things than He did, I can take it to the bank (and the Throne of God) that I have the ability to be healed, blessed, and ever-increasing - because that's how Jesus lived. It means I am the seed of Abraham and heirs according to the Promise. I can come boldly (not like a puny, insignificant sinner) to the Throne of God and plead my case with Him (See Isa. 43:26). I do not have the right to demand of God, but I have the pleasure of asking my Father all things. I am a child of God (Romans 8:15-16; 1John 3:1). I am a friend of Jesus (John 15:14). I am seated with God in heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Ephesians 2:6-7). I can do all things (John 15:5; Philippians 4:13; 1John 4:4). 

You can, too - if you would just believe it. God is beyond comprehension; but He gave us His Word so that we might come to know Him more each passing day. He isn't keeping any secrets from us. Religion tries to hide behind flimsy phrases, like, "Because He is God;" "God is sovereign;" or "If it be Your will..." God gave us His will, and it is in His Word. We know what God will do, because He has already told us. God will not, and cannot, deviate from His Word. His Word is for all of us. It is full of Blessing and life. When something does not go according to plan, do not blame God; look at yourself. How much Word is in you? I am fed up with being told what I can't do when the Word is chalk-full of what I can  do! If we are not Blessed going in and going out, that is a violation of our Covenant rights with God. If we are not healed and living in divine health, it is in violation of God's Word (Isa 53:5). If we are not doing greater things than Jesus, then we are being robbed of His promises to us (John 14:12). We should be doing bigger and better all the time!

Notice, the purpose for God's Word is that we would be equipped to do anything. Go meditate on this passage. We should be total, complete, well-equipped and well-fitted to do every good work. God is all about doing good works. He wants us to be ready at a moments notice to do something great for His kingdom and glory. So get the Word, and get ready.

No comments: