01 February, 2011

Ensnared

Today I am going to be a bit more personal than usual. The Lord got after me yesterday, and then He brought it to my mind even stronger this morning. While I was praying in the Spirit yesterday, I asked the Lord to guide my thinking to what He wants to reveal for me. I have been struggling heavily with direction. I am bored at church, unemployed, and struggling to find a ministry position because of my wonderful lack of experience. I want direction! What I got was a stern rebuking from the Lord regarding my inconsistencies in getting it. He was practically chanting "watch your words, watch your words, WILL YOU PLEASE WATCH YOUR WORDS?!"

How many times has He made it plain: you have what you say? We must understand that we are made in the image of God. This does not mean that we have five fingers and toes like God does, but that we are creative spirits designed in His very nature (minus that sin problem Adam got us tangled in). Those Old Testament scriptures about man being a little lower than the angels are a result of people being "chickens." The word used in all those passages is elohim - the same exact word translated God in the entire book of Genesis. Hello?! God said; God saw. That is how He operates, and that is how we operate. Let me say it again: you have what you say. So you may need to shut up!

This is a spiritual principle; one that many Christians cannot comprehend in their natural minds. 1 Corinthians 2:14 tells us that the things of God must be spiritually discerned. If I sound like I am making up some silly junk, then you are being too natural. Our lives are a result of the words we are speaking. Each and every one matters immensely. Stop speaking doubt, unbelief, ignorance, hardship, lack, sickness, age, weariness, self-abasement, darkness and confusion. These are not from God and they are not meant for His people. Yet, once again, we have let religion tell us otherwise. We have the mind of Christ - an anointed, clear-thinking mind. Yet we will never operate in it if we keep locking it up with the negative confessions of our mouths.

Simply put: if it isn't in the Bible, don't say it. The Scriptures say we are blessed with the blessing of Abraham (Galatians 3:29), so stop speaking lack - regardless of the situation. The Bible says we are healed (Isaiah 53:5; 1 Peter 2:24), so stop speaking sickness and disease - in spite of how good/bad you feel. God says that through Him you can do all things (Philippians 4:13) - not just spiritual stuff, but everything in life; so speak that over each and every endeavor you come across in your daily life. God declares your lifespan to be 120 years (Genesis 6:3), and I do not care what biblical theologian or brainiac pastor says otherwise. God said it, so quick talking about being old at 48! Remember that you are what you think you are in your heart (Proverbs 23:7), because of the confessions of your heart. The Lord will not let this one go on me. Everything I want to see accomplished in my life is being delayed because of the stupid things I say. Proverbs 6:2 says "thou art snared with the words of thy mouth; thou art taken with the words of thy mouth" (KJV). Negative words and thinking must be removed from my life - in regards to absolutely everything. That will change my attitude and cause things to finally change from the inside out. The same goes for all of you, as well.

No comments: